Monday, March 8, 2010

Cosplay at ATC

This weekend I decided to go take some pictures of people I didn't know, so I headed out to the Asia Trade Centre where a Cosplay (where people dress up as their favourite anime/manga/comic or game character). Most people were quite willing to have their picture taken, provided that you ask first. Still, I felt a bit of an outsider as I was the only visible foreigner there and wasn't dressed as some character. I have no idea who most of the characters are despite living in Japan for almost 9 years.

AKU!
but no Samurai Jack was present to save the day.

There were however:
Pirates
One Piece Characters (who are also pirates)

Baseball


Naga/Merperson of some kind.

Hatsune Miku, a creation of Yamaha Music.
An animated singer using text to song technology.
Video of a concert in Japan.
Personally, I think its just as real as Brittany or Milley, eye candy that doesn't write what it sings.

More skin will get you noticed.

For Bug Ferry :)

No comments: